Young Farmers’ Day!
Find out what the young farmers’ in our area are doing, including the local FFA and 4-H chapters – and of course, shop for the finest in local meat, produce, eggs, baked goods, flowers and more!
Don’t miss the Allegheny Mountain School demo on
Friday, August 10th, 3:30 to 6 pm under The Highland Center Pavilion
Visit the Farmers’ Market webpage for more information and a full summer schedule.
Scheduled vendors include:
– Lee Mitchell – Eggs, lettuce, squash, onions, cabbage, green beans, lamb cuts
– Bruce Folks – Maple Syrup, fudge, baked goods, beets, cabbage, squash, beans, peppers, eggplant, corn tomatos, zinnias, dahlias, and gladiolas
– Church Hill Produce -Corn, melons, cucumbers, red & yellow tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, green and lima beans, onions, potatoes – red, white, yellow, cherry tomatoes, yellow and butternut squash, zuchhini, eggplant, flowers, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower
– Mountain Pastures – Homemade lotion and lip balm
– Scott Neil – eggs
– Healing Farm – UDSA inspected beef – premium cuts and ground beef
– Riven Rock Farm – USDA inspected grass finished beef – premium cuts and ground beef, eggs, honey
– Summer Cohen – Blackberry peach crisp, peach cobbler, chocolate zucchini cake, lemon glazed zucchini bread, coconut macaroons, jam
– Virginia Trout Company – Allegheny mountain trout fillets
– Puff’s Maple Pit Cooked BBQ – Pork BBQ – sandwiches and containers and dinners, sausage, baked goods, milkshakes, hand-dipped ice cream, blueberries
– Highland High School FFA – milkshakes
* Vendors and products subject to change