Neighbors Helping Neighbors!
In these hard economic times, people need to take care of those less fortunate, and our area has always been a model for that caring and compassionate behavior. In that spirit , the Highland Farmers’ Market will hold its fourth Neighbors Helping Neighbors Day .
Donations of canned and non-perishable food and household items can be dropped off while you shop for the finest in local meat, produce, baked goods, flowers and more.
Friday, August 31st, 3:30 to 6 pm under The Highland Center Pavilion
Visit the Farmers’ Market webpage for more information
and a full summer schedule.
Scheduled vendors include:
– Lee Mitchell – Eggs, lettuce, squash, onions, cabbage, green beans, lamb cuts
– Bruce Folks – Maple Syrup, fudge, baked goods, beets, cabbage, squash, beans, peppers, eggplant, corn, tomatos, zinnias, dahlias, and gladiolas
– Church Hill Produce -Corn, melons, cucumbers, red & yellow tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, green and lima beans, onions, potatoes – red, white, cherry tomatoes, yellow and butternut squash, zuchhini, eggplant, sweet potatos flowers, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower
– Sarah Ricketts – Cupcakes, baked goods, flowers, eggs
– Mountain Pastures – Homemade lotion and lip balm
– Healing Farm – UDSA inspected beef – premium cuts and ground beef
– Riven Rock Farm – USDA inspected grass finished beef – premium cuts and ground beef, eggs, honey
– Fenton Terembes – potatos, peppers, tomatos
– Virginia Trout Company – Allegheny mountain trout fillets
– Puff’s Maple Pit Cooked BBQ – Pork BBQ – sandwiches and containers and dinners, sausage, baked goods, milkshakes, hand-dipped ice cream, blueberries
* Vendors and products subject to change*