Neighbors Helping Neighbors!
August 23rd, 3:30 – 6:00
The Highland Center Pavilion
Summertime may be farmers’ market season – but helping your friends and neighbors is a year round event.
The Highland Farmers’ Market is holding its annual Neighbors Helping Neighbors Day. Customers can bring donations of non-perishable food and household items, which will be distributed locally via the Word of Faith Church Food Pantry.
Please take the time to help others who may not be as fortunate as you as you shop the finest in local meat, produce, baked goods and more!
Allegheny Mountain School Demo – Companion Planting: Friends in Unlikely Places: Learn about which plants like to be planted near each other in the garden and paired together in the kitchen!
– Bruce Folks – Maple products, baked goods, fudges, cookies, produce, corn, tomatoes
– Church Hill Produce – USDA inspected beef, honey, green & red tomatoes, sweet corn, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, onions, green beans, peppers (bell, sweet & hot), raspberries, watermelons
– Healing Farm – USDA inspected beef
– Highland Humane Society – Painted note cards and t-shirts
– Ina Moss – Cupcakes and bread
– Mountain Pastures – All natural lotion and lip balm
– Mountain Springs Farm – USDA inspected pork cuts and sausage, eggs, beets, onions, swiss chard, lettuce, herbs
– Riven Rock Farm – USDA inspected beef and lamb, honey, eggs
– Sweet Rose Farm – Certified organic berries and produce
– Sarahcycled – All natural soaps and lotion bars
– Thrive Farm – Plants,flowers and produce
– Va Trout Co – Allegheny mountain trout fillets
Vendors and products subject to change
Next Week – Reduce Re-Use Recycle!
Mountain Springs Farm