From herbalism to small business planning, growing food isn’t the only thing that has kept Allegheny Mountain School fellows busy during their time on Bear Mountain. Please join the AMS Fellows at The Highland Center on Wednesday, October 23rd at 6:30 pm as they share their research projects with the community.
Presentation topics will include:
- Mountain Fever Hot Sauce: A Zero Capital Venture Adventure, Ian Sawyer
- A Year in Herbs, Emily Melvin
- Lifelong Farmacy: A Guide to Natural Family Health, Mandy Henkler
- Highland Food Heritage Stories, Susanna Byrd
- Community Design: Visions for Monterey, Whitney Newton
- Community Design: Mapping Highland’s Assets, Kate Hopkins
- Learning Gardens: A Space to Cultivate Leadership, Roger Woo
- Nutrition Education on Allegheny Mountain Radio, Paul Krysik
- Aerated Compost Tea for the Garden and Pasture, Ben Samuelson
Light refreshments will be served. For more information, please e-mail email@example.com, or contact the Allegheny Mountain School at (540) 468-2300.